CBS 11 – Mavericks Activate Luka Magic Augmented Reality Mural Downtown
The original article appeared in the CBS 11 on February 22, 2019 – https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/02/22/mavericks-luka-magic-augmented-reality-mural-downtown/
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Mavericks rookie who has dazzled on the court all season is now making moves off the court thanks to “augmented reality” technology.
The back of the YMCA building at 601 N Akard, which can be seen from the intersection of Field Street and Ross Avenue, has been taken over with a 68’ x 193’ mural of Luka Doncic performing his step back jumper.
Fans can click here to access instructions and once activated, Doncic is brought to life for the “larger than life Luka magic show.”
At the conclusion of the video, fans are then invited to participate in the Luka Step Back Challenge, where MFFLs (Mavericks Fans For Life) can post their best step back move for a chance to win a signed Luka Doncic jersey and to meet him.
“The Mavs are so proud to be able to give the fans an innovative and cutting-edge experience using augmented reality to bring Luka Magic to life in the heart of Downtown Dallas. We strive to interact with MFFLs both on and off the court and are excited to see our fans’ best Luka impersonations as part of the challenge. Go Mavs!” – Jerome Elenez, CMO of the Dallas Mavericks
The creative and technology studio Groove Jones produced the AR experience, with creative direction from the Dallas Mavericks, by taking both photo and video assets to bring the animation to life.
The wallscape will be active through March 15 and fans are encouraged to share their experiences through social media using the hashtag #mavsAR.
See More –
- Virtual Golf Reality: A Great Way to Stay Dry at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am – https://www.groovejones.com/virtual_golf_reality/
- The Manifest – Groove Jones Makes Top 15 Mobile App Developer List – https://www.groovejones.com/manifest-groove-jones-makes-top-15-mobile-app-developer-list/
- The Manifest Article – https://clutch.co/developers/virtual-reality
- SportsTechie.com – Mural of Mavericks’ Dennis Smith Jr. Comes to Life in Dallas – https://www.groovejones.com/sportstechie-dallasmavsar/
- SortsTechie.com Article About the Dallas Mavs AR Mural – https://www.sporttechie.com/mural-of-mavericks-dennis-smith-jr-comes-to-life-in-dallas/
- Groove Jones Featured at Adobe Max 2018 – https://www.groovejones.com/adobe_max_2018/
- McDonald’s – https://www.groovejones.com/mcdonalds-2016-sxsw-event/
- Rinnai America – https://www.groovejones.com/rinnai_america_vr/
- View – https://www.groovejones.com/b2b-viewglassvr/
- Comcast and Nascar Experience – https://www.groovejones.com/nascar-xfinity-vr-campaign
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about our capabilities and activation services.
Check out videos on our YouTube channel