HealthiAR.com – VR Helps Healthcare Companies Market the Intangible
The original article appeared in HealthiAR.com on April 17, 2017 – https://healthiar.com/vr-helps-healthcare-companies-market-the-intangible
Experiencing is believing: Companies are using VR to demonstrate abstract solutions to concrete problems
Making the conceptual real
Though VR is a relatively new medium, healthcare marketers are quickly discovering
what Fitzpatrick and his team learned: As means of making abstract concepts feel real, it’s hard to beat. Zimmer Biomet recently developed their own VR experience to help sell their Signature Solutions package which, like ILUVIEN, stood to truly benefit both patients and healthcare providers, but who’s value was difficult to express through conventional means.
Signature Solutions is a suite of services that’s designed to work holistically throughout hospitals to both increase efficiency and improve patient satisfaction. Jerry Youngblutt, one of the principals in the advertising firm Boyden & Youngblutt that Zimmer Biomet hired to help market the product, describes it as a swiss a
rmy knife: “It does something for everybody. It’s an advantage to the patient—it holds their hand and takes them all the way through from pre-surgery to 90 days post-op. It’s also good for the surgeon, monitoring cancellations and keeping surgeries on time.” Despite the ways it stood to benefit both patients and providers, Youngblutt says its radical nature makes it difficult to market. “We’re taking this paradigm-shifting platform to a marketplace that doesn’t know it’s coming, that doesn’t know it’s possible, and where you have multiple target audiences that have to say, ‘I like it. I want it.’ That is a very tall order.”
So, faced with the task of making the intangible palpable, Youngblutt turned to VR. His team worked with Groove Jones to develop a 5-minute virtual infographic, which they debuted at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons’ annual conference. The VR experience showed users how Signature Solutions impacted each area of patient care and hospital efficiency.
After seeing an overarching vision of the product, users were then able to dive deeper into the areas that particularly interested them. Justin Branscomb, Account Executive at Boyden & Youngblutt, feels that the VR experience allowed booth attendees to understand the product on a deeper level. “It’s just such a difficult concept to understand, that affects so many different parts of the hospital, through so many different technologies,” Branscomb says, adding that Zimmer Biomet felt that “the first time the people they were selling [Signature Solutions] to understood it was when they saw it [in VR].”
See More –
- Virtual Golf Reality: A Great Way to Stay Dry at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am – https://www.groovejones.com/virtual_golf_reality/
- The Manifest – Groove Jones Makes Top 15 Mobile App Developer List – https://www.groovejones.com/manifest-groove-jones-makes-top-15-mobile-app-developer-list/
- The Manifest Article – https://clutch.co/developers/virtual-reality
- SportsTechie.com – Mural of Mavericks’ Dennis Smith Jr. Comes to Life in Dallas – https://www.groovejones.com/sportstechie-dallasmavsar/
- SortsTechie.com Article About the Dallas Mavs AR Mural – https://www.sporttechie.com/mural-of-mavericks-dennis-smith-jr-comes-to-life-in-dallas/
- Groove Jones Featured at Adobe Max 2018 – https://www.groovejones.com/adobe_max_2018/
- McDonald’s – https://www.groovejones.com/mcdonalds-2016-sxsw-event/
- Rinnai America – https://www.groovejones.com/rinnai_america_vr/
- View – https://www.groovejones.com/b2b-viewglassvr/
- Comcast and Nascar Experience – https://www.groovejones.com/nascar-xfinity-vr-campaign
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about our capabilities and activation services.
Check out videos on our YouTube channel