VR Home Run Derby
A GrooveTech Game for Licensing
VR Home Run Derby is an exciting virtual reality game that allows fans to use an actual baseball bat and try to hit a home run! Imagine what your fans will feel when you let them stand at home plate inside the field of your virtual ballpark.
VR Home Run Derby is now available for licensing to ballparks, mobile tours and location based events for activations and fan engagements nationwide. The game is configured to run using the HTC Vive system.
Imagine stepping into the batter’s box and taking your best swings with a baseball bat as you attempt to knock it out of the ballpark. Game is first person, where you are the hitter standing at home plate. The pitcher will throw a series of pitches over the plate. The object of the game is to hit as many of the balls as you can and attempt to get a home run or hit the ball into a score zone before time is up.
Field Score Zones
- Single (10 Points)
- Double (25 Points)
- Triple (50 Points)
- Home Run (200 Points)
- Home Run Bonus – If a player can hit the ball far–like, really far–then they’re rewarded.
- + 75 Pts for homers that equals or exceed 420 feet
- + 150 PST for homers that equals or exceeds 475 feet
- The game is set for 60 and 90 second gameplay, allowing for high throughput at your location.
- Great for families of all ages.
- The game is a single player experience.
- Easy to play – if you can swing a bat, you can play!
- Accommodates both left and right handed players.
- Spatial audio enhances the real life feel of being on the field.
- Score points by hitting Singles, Doubles, Triples and Home Runs. Earn bonus points for distance!
Advanced Custom Branded Opportunities
VR Home Run Derby is available as is or it can be customized to meet your specific needs or brand requirments.
- Custom Ballpark or Stadium
- Feature your pitcher on the mound
- Integrate your brand’s videos on the big screen
- Add your team’s announcer or celebrity spokesperson
Looking for more customization? We can make the experience that is unique as you can imagine. Call us at 1-214-749-0094 x631 to discuss your ideas.
The game uses the HTC Vive VR system and a physical bat with an HTC Vive Tracker attached to the base of the bat. The game has been built to run on a dedicated PC, HTC Vive Headset and Vive Tracker + Bat. Each station requires a dedicated PC – Windows 10 and a HTC Vive Pro.
- Intel i7 4.0 GHz processor
- 32 GB memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
- 512 GB SSD (in addition to a min. 2TB HDD)
- HDMI Video Port
- 3 USB Ports
See it in Action
The game premiered at the 2017 Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA, where over 1,500 fans experienced it for themselves.
We Create Excitement
Groove Jones specializes in creating VR/AR experiences for brands.
Our work has appeared at fan engagement events at the U.S. Open, Arnold Palmer Invitational, every NASCAR race over the last 2 seasons, as well as the Super Bowl. We can licensing our technology to support your own sales, marketing and fan experiences.
Contact us about licensing the game or how we can customize it for your specific needs.
For more information, give us a call at 1-214-749-0094 x631 or reach out and contact us anytime.