D Magazine’s Dallas Innovates 2019 Issue in Augmented Reality
Groove Jones Recognized as one of the Businesses Helping Make Dallas a Global Hub of Innovation.
Link to Publication – https://dallasinnovates.com/
Last year, D Magazine published the first-ever Dallas Innovates magazine. This year, the annual print publication explores the region as a rising tech superpower and a global hub of innovation. This year the cover features 5 Dallas innovators, including Co-Founder of Groove Jones, Dale Carman. Other innovators are Matt Alexander of Neighborhood Goods, Stephen Ellis of Plymouth AI, Ali Agha of Olypsis, Lucas Rodriguez of CerSci, and Veena Somareddy of Neuro Rehab VR.
The Groove Jones team worked with D Magazine to add an AR (Augmented Reality) version of the cover to bring it to life. Readers are directed to pick up their phone and visit www.dallasinnovates.com/ar. They can then tap the link on the page to launch their smartphone into camera mode. This allows them to scan in the cover and activate it.
The AR cover is then interactive allowing readers to tap on the individual innovators featured and get more information. The experience is driven by an intelligent camera filter that is using image recognition to activate the cover.
To make things socially shareable, the filter is integrated into both Facebook or SnapChat, giving readers a choice on how they want to engage with it. The App leverages Facebook’s Spart AR technology.
- Facebook Link – https://www.facebook.com/fbcameraeffects/tryit/2272026379786506/
- Snapchat Link – https://www.snapchat.com/unlock/?type=SNAPCODE&uuid=cfcd81771a1249ff9bc22ae22613f3fd
Note: The filters will not work without the magazine cover. (However, you can use the image below to scan.)
About Dallas Innovates
Dallas Innovates is a collaboration of the Dallas Regional Chamber and D Magazine Partners, Dallas Innovates is an online news platform covering what’s new + next in Dallas – Fort Worth innovation.
See More –
- The Manifest – Groove Jones Makes Top 15 Mobile App Developer List – https://www.groovejones.com/manifest-groove-jones-makes-top-15-mobile-app-developer-list/
- The Manifest Article – https://clutch.co/developers/virtual-reality
- SportsTechie.com – Mural of Mavericks’ Dennis Smith Jr. Comes to Life in Dallas – https://www.groovejones.com/sportstechie-dallasmavsar/
- SortsTechie.com Article About the Dallas Mavs AR Mural – https://www.sporttechie.com/mural-of-mavericks-dennis-smith-jr-comes-to-life-in-dallas/
- Groove Jones Featured at Adobe Max 2018 – https://www.groovejones.com/adobe_max_2018/
- McDonald’s – https://www.groovejones.com/mcdonalds-2016-sxsw-event/
- Rinnai America – https://www.groovejones.com/rinnai_america_vr/
- View – https://www.groovejones.com/b2b-viewglassvr/
- Comcast and Nascar Experience – https://www.groovejones.com/nascar-xfinity-vr-campaign
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about our capabilities and activation services.
Check out videos on our YouTube channel