2019 CES – Groove Jones Supporting Ford Motor Company and Sleep Number
Groove Jones was in full force this year at the 2019 CES event. We supported two great brands – Ford Motor Company and Sleep Number on their customer activations. Check out the photos from the event. Videos and deeper case studies are on their way!
Ford Activation at CES
Photos from the Ford Motor Company Co-Pilot360™ Technology VR Experience
Visitors to CES had the chance to take a VR driving experience in the 2019 Ford Edge, that takes them on a journey from their home, to a drive on a busy highway and then into the city. This 6-minute interactive experience put them in a variety of scenarios where they face various obstacles and hazards to demonstrate the safety technology. GTB, Ford’s agency partner brought us on board to bring their vision to life.
Users attempt to react to the hazards and obstacles with a game controller and see how they measure up to the Co-Pilot360 technology. The application tracks where the user is looking as well. So by tracking if they are able to see an obstacle or hazard visually or by using the controller they are given a score. It is a fully interactive experience running on the Oculus Go.
Ford’s Social Share Component
Every person that participated in the experience opted into Ford’s CRM application so we can track their performance. After taking part in the activation, the player immediately received an email with their score embedded into a socially shareable 360º panoramic image of the interior of the Ford Edge. As you can see below, I scored a 74% out of a possible 100%.
By collecting the user’s data, we were able to integrate the leaderboard, the social share component and to allow the participants the ability to opt-in to Ford’s CRM tool where we collected data about their car buying interests.
Sleep Number at CES
Shots from the Sleep Number Quarterback Challenge VR Experience
This year we helped our friends at Sleep Number on a Quarterback Challenge VR experience that demonstrates how a good nights sleep versus a poor nights sleep impacts your physical performance. In this multiplayer experience, users are competing to see who can hit the most targets in a Quarterback Challenge game. Special guest stars stopped by the booth for their chance to play, including Katie Couric, who beat everyone she was playing against.
The four players are transported onto the 50-yard line of a massive football stadium. The first part of the game simulates how you would feel with a good nights sleep. The second part of the game simulates what it feels and looks like when you have had a poor nights sleep of 6 hours or less.
See More –
- The Manifest – Groove Jones Makes Top 15 Mobile App Developer List – https://www.groovejones.com/manifest-groove-jones-makes-top-15-mobile-app-developer-list/
- The Manifest Article – https://clutch.co/developers/virtual-reality
- SportsTechie.com – Mural of Mavericks’ Dennis Smith Jr. Comes to Life in Dallas – https://www.groovejones.com/sportstechie-dallasmavsar/
- SortsTechie.com Article About the Dallas Mavs AR Mural – https://www.sporttechie.com/mural-of-mavericks-dennis-smith-jr-comes-to-life-in-dallas/
- Groove Jones Featured at Adobe Max 2018 – https://www.groovejones.com/adobe_max_2018/
- McDonald’s – https://www.groovejones.com/mcdonalds-2016-sxsw-event/
- Rinnai America – https://www.groovejones.com/rinnai_america_vr/
- View – https://www.groovejones.com/b2b-viewglassvr/
- Comcast and Nascar Experience – https://www.groovejones.com/nascar-xfinity-vr-campaign
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about our capabilities and activation services.
Check out videos on our YouTube channel